TCS Previous Paper Set 1 with Detailed Explanation
TCS recruits every year through various off-campus recruitment drives like TCS Ninja, TCS NQT (National Qualifier Test), TCS Digital, TCS Explorer for all student giving opportunity irrespective of Tier of college. It is very important to know . To get a detail idea you must go through and practice old placement papers. In this paper we've included the TCS placement test questions.
TCS Previous Paper Set 1 with Explanation
1. On a 26 question test, five points were deducted for each wrong answer and eight points were added for each correct answer. If all the questions were answered, how many were correct, if the score was zero ?
2. In how many ways a team of 11 must be selected from 5 men and 11 women such that the team must comprise of not more than 3 men?
3. Given that 0 < a < b < c < d, which of the following the largest ?
a.(c+d) / (a+b)
b.(a+d) / (b+c)
c.(b+c) / (a+d)
d.(b+d) / (a+c)
4. A boy bought 18 sharpeners for Rs.100. He paid 1 rupee more for each white sharpener than for each brown sharpener. What is the price of a white sharpener and how many white sharpener did he buy ?
a. Rs.5, 10
b. Rs.6, 10
c. Rs.5, 8
d. Rs.6, 8
Answer: B, C
5. The fourteen digits of a credit card are to be written in the boxes shown above. If the sum of every three consecutive digits is 18, then the value of x is :
b. cannot be determined from the given information.
6. Jake can dig a well in 16 days. Paul can dig the same well in 24 days. Jake, Paul and Hari together dig the well in 8 days. Hari alone can dig the well in
a. 96 days
b. 48 days
c. 32 days
d. 24 days
7. The sum of the digits of a three digit number is 17, and the sum of the squares of its digits is 109. If we subtract 495 from the number, we shall get a number consisting of the same digits written in the reverse order. Find the number.
8. Four people each roll a four die once. Find the probability that at least two people will roll the same number ? a. 5/18 b. 13/18 c. None of the given choices d. 1295/1296
9. Mark told John "If you give me half your money I will have Rs.75. John said, "if you give me one third of your money, I will have Rs.75/- How much money did John have ?
10. Eesha has a wheat business. She purchases wheat from a local wholesaler of a particular cost per pound. The price of the wheat of her stores is $3 per kg. Her faulty spring balance reads 0.9 kg for a KG. Also in the festival season, she gives a 10% discount on the wheat. She found that she made neither a profit nor a loss in the festival season. At what price did Eesha purchase the wheat from the wholesaler ?
11. Raj goes to market to buy oranges. If he can bargain and reduce the price per orange by Rs.2, he can buy 30 oranges instead of 20 oranges with the money he has. How much money does he have ?
12. A city in the US has a basketball league with three basketball teams, the Aziecs, the Braves and the Celtics. A sports writer notices that the tallest player of the Aziecs is shorter than the shortest player of the Braves. The shortest of the Celtics is shorter than the shortest of the Aziecs, while the tallest of the Braves is shorter than the tallest of the Celtics. The tallest of the Braves is taller than the tallest of the Aziecs.
Which of the following can be judged with certainty ?
X) Paul, a Brave is taller than David, an Aziec
Y) David, a Celtic, is shorter than Edward, an Aziec
a. Both X and Y
b. X only
c. Y only
d. Neither X nor Y
13. There are 3 classes having 20, 24 and 30 students respectively having average marks in an examination as 20,25 and 30 respectively. The three classes are represented by A, B and C and you have the following information about the three classes.
a. In class A highest score is 22 and lowest score is 18
b. In class B highest score is 31 and lowest score is 23